Mind

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Thu Oct 3 12:54:14 CDT 1996

> ---------------------

The idea of the extinction or destruction of the Mind (manonasa) can
be found in many of the advaitic texts--in the testimony of sages, as
well as Upanishadic lore.  It's also found in other spiritual approaches;
most notably in the Buddhist concept of No-Mind (mu-shin).  What's
important to be aware of is that such terminology is used to radically
emphasize that the Mind has to be transcended insofar as our habit of
relying on [its] dictates directing our otherwise Unlimited Consciousness.

namaste.