Requirements for realization ?

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Wed Nov 27 20:01:10 CST 1996

> note that some types of inquiry does not take us anywhere.  For example why
> Satyasaibaaba brings Vibhuties and not rice or chappatiis only He alone can
> anwer.

        To my knowledge, Satya Sai Baba has produced feasts which include
rice, chappatis etc "from thin air." I am sure more knowledgable readers
of Satya Sai Baba can dig up actual references, if needed. This "fact"
was even mentioned in one of the episodes of the TV serial, X-files.
Please note that I don't contend (or deny) that Satya Sai Baba is a jnani
or a possessor of siddhis etc.

**

>Why Krishna did not stop the war?  - May be it was a dramatization
> to give us Bhagavad Geeta.

        Even this is a belief, as you know. As i mentioned previously,
many indologists contend that the bhagavad gita was a later insertion into
Mahabharata to refute samkhya. See Nakamura's "History of Early vedanta"
for many references.

> egodust Wrote:
> >attributed to it.  The advaitic axiom: "the world is in the Self, the
> >Self is not in the world," is based on this primary idea, and is the
> >import of the mayavadi stipulation as propounded by Sankara.

        i think we should call the philosophy of Shankara 'brahman-vada'
and not mayavada  :-) since maya is not ultimately real.

**

        There are a few (8-10) dharma shastras available in transliterated
sanskrit on the net, including the apastamba dharma sastra.
        ftp://ccftp.kyoto-su.ac.jp/pub/doc/sanskrit/
Look under dharmas

Namaste.