Three schools of thought

Mon Nov 25 13:18:14 CST 1996

> From: Shashikanth Hosur <shashi at KBSSUN1.TAMU.EDU>

>         Don't make assumptions.

Ok, I won't.  I will however infer based on whatever facts are in my
posession.

> How do u know that they are against advaita.

I look at what acharyas in the Advaita parampara have said, and then what
these others have said and see if they match.  If they don't they are
against Advaita.

> Did u practise it or complete understand before u made the above
statement?

I don't completewly understand brownian motion but I know how to make a cup
of tea.  :-)  Anumana (logic, inference) is a valid means of cognition
according to Advaita.  We should make as much use of it as possible.

>         Could u specify who are these people who made mistakes.

Anyone who disagrees with me. :-) No, seriously one example would be those
who say mental renunciation is enough.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \