CELIBACY

Madhava Kumar Turumella madhava at EMIRATES.NET.AE
Sat Nov 23 02:43:23 CST 1996

At 07:39 PM 11/22/96 -0500, you wrote:

>To answer the other point raised..  Blind faith has its own benefits. Keep
>the faith.
Blind faith has its own benefits!!!! Before I start disagreeing with you,
I would request you to please explain what you mean by the above statement.

Regards
Madhav

--
Seer or not I walk alone...
---
E-Mail : madhava at emirates.net.ae

Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 08:41:24 GMT
To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
From: Ken Stuart <kstuart at MAIL.TELIS.ORG>
Subject: Re: Various Topics
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996 07:27:48 -0500, Chelluri Nageswar Rao
<Chelluri at aol.com> wrote:

>Namaste:
>
>The conversation with Ramana is very enlighting.  The questioner should have
>asked one more last question.
>Sir why did you remain celibate?  Wonder what his answer would be.
>
>Many of the saints in the past and present are celibate.   I will provide a
>few examples:
>PAST: Ramana, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Saibaba
>PRESENT: Ammachi, Satya Saibaba, Mother Meera, Karunamayi.. list goes on and
>on.

Rama has Sita, Siva has Parvati and Krishna had 16,000 wives !  :-)

Namaskar,

Ken

kstuart at mail.telis.org