hello, here I am

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Fri May 31 23:03:10 CDT 1996

Hello,

Who am I?

Just ask everybody:

I am big
I am small
I am God
I am scum
I am good
I am bad
I am up
I am down
I am in motion
I am at rest

notice that everybody agrees that I am

I am is all they agree upon

I am is all I am

I am is all

I am

notice how all identity attributes
secondary to I am are proven to be false:

each point of view (A) about who I am has
and must have an equal but opposite view
(~A) relative to which point (A) is (A).

notice further that due to this logical
symmetry, the summation of all these views
must always equal zero, since every (+) is
paired by its very existence to a relative (-).

therefore all secondary attributes of identity
such as good/bad, tall/short, motion/rest are
null and void and then the only thing left
standing is just "I am"

ergo, this is who I am,
I have two sides

True   False

I am   big
I am   small
I am   God
I am   scum
I am   good
I am   bad
I am   up
I am   down
I am   in motion
I am   at rest
I am

I'll just blend into the scenery

then nobody will be able to see me

when I am all that is seen, I am unseen

why?

Because if there is 100% A, there is 0% A.

A is A

I am is I am

only relative to not-A

only relative to not-I am

therefore, the appearance of "not-I am"
is a necessary feature of I am.

therefore, the appearance of not-A
is a necessary feature of A.

therefore, the appearance of samsara
is a necessary feature of nirvana.

I am both sides right now

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html