AUM

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Mon May 20 17:59:04 CDT 1996

It is delightful to see an advaita list up and running. I have asked
Prof. Lance Nelson of San Diego State University also to join the list.
Prof. Nelson has an abiding interest in advaita vedAnta, and has doen
research work on madhusUdana sarasvati's texts.

1. toTakAshTakam -

>  bhavataa janataa suhitaa bhavitaa nijabodhavichaaraNa chaarumate |
                   ^^^^^^^^^^

bhavataa janataa sukhitaa bhavataa should be the correct reading. I had
suhitaa in my text also, but Akhila Rajeswar of New Jersey pointed out
the correction to me. The text of the toTakAshTakam is on the advaita
home page at http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita/Slokas.html.

2. dr.g dr.Sya viveka -

This text is indeed by bhAratI tIrtha, not by Adi SankarAcArya. There is
another work of the same name by swAmI paramaSivendra sarasvatI, guru of
sadASiva brahmendra.

I propose that we set up a practice of having introductions as every new
member joins. As of now, we may all know one another, at least as far as
net-interaction is concerned. But as we add more members to the list,
a personal introduction would help. New members can get introductions of the
already existing members of the list from the archives.

Regards,

S. Vidyasankar