What is Real? Everything

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Fri Jun 21 17:17:17 CDT 1996

Sri Ramana Maharshi speaks:

        Shankara...made three statements: that Brahman is real, that
        the universe is unreal, and that Brahman is the Universe. He
        did not stop with the second. The third explains the first
        two; it signifies that when the Universe is perceived apart
        from Brahman, that perception is false and illusory. What it
 -->    amounts to is that phenomena are real when experienced as
 -->    the Self and illusory when seen apart from the Self.

        ( "The Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi in His Own
        Words." Editor Arthur Osborne; page 11. )

The only illusion is that of the separation of I and "not-I," it therefore
follows that I = (I + ~I), thus I am all. It is the essence of simplicity
and -- due to the mechanics of relational identity -- of logic.
Lo and behold, the absolute truth is logical !

I Am poetry: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/iam-free.html

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = {A, ~A}

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html