Dattaatreya/ Dakshinamurthi

Giri gmadras at ENGR.UCDAVIS.EDU
Mon Jul 29 14:50:51 CDT 1996

Namaste.

        The astavakra gita (also known as astavakra samhita) are
available on the net. The verses are available in transliterated form
(itrans format), and also in sanskrit devnagari script as a postscript
file. Both are linked from the site mentioned by egodust. The translation
presented on the site is by John Richards.

**

        Though July 30th is the guru poornima in India, the poornima
(full moon) started today (July 29th) at around 8 am pacific standard time
(based on my calculations). This is a day in which the guru is worshipped
for all his/her help, grace and, despite the faults of our mind,
for providing a glimpse of Reality. I have uploaded the transliteration,
translation, and word-by-word translation of the verses of the
dakshinamurthi stotra by Shri Shankara. It can be found in
        ftp://jaguar.cs.utah.edu/private/sanskrit/sanskrit.html

or directly ftp to the above site and download dakshina.itx and dakshina.ps,

dhanyavaad.

**