Thought-free state

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Mon Jul 15 12:29:15 CDT 1996

Ian wrote:
>   At 02:26 AM 7/15/96 GMT, egodust wrote:
>
>   >the Mind's thoughts--although not different from the Self--if experienced
>   >*unto themselves*, are mayavic.  When a single thought or emotion is
>   >honored as being consequential [to one's state of Being] or summarily
>   >paramount and exclusive, is where the popular infliction of duality
>   >enters the picture.
>
> IAN: The thought that thoughts are the cause of being is, as you observe,
> a false thought. There could be no initial cause of being / reality.
> There could be no time prior to time, thus time never began.
> Eternity is all there is right now.
>

>   > Remember that the Mind is only a bundle of thoughts; and
>   > since thoughts, by definition, involve *isolated* observations,
>   > they are mayavic.
>
> IAN: If everything is relative, nothing is isolated.
> Everything is relative, ergo nothing is isolated.
>
> The Self is not isolated. If there is also no thing that is isolated,
> then all things are identical to the Self, and thus any possible trace
> of duality, division, or distinction is annihilated.
>

>  > Just as the snake is not different from the rope, yet if
>  > the rope is obscured by the hissing or writhing snake (urgency of thought
>  > or emotion that overshadows our sahaja samadhi [natural state of Being]),
>  > therein lies the primal disconnect.
>
> IAN: If there is a disconnection, there is a division and thus duality.
> There is no evidence that the Self is ever disconnected from the Self.

Concur with all observations here; except the implication that there is no
ILLUSION of ego being tricked into a 'primal disconnect'...

Obviously there can be no evidence that 'the Self is ever disconnected from the
Self', the point is the ILLUSION that: 1) There is an ego; 2) That this ego
*believes* it is separative/unenlightened/in bondage; 3) That there *appears to
be* suffering as a result of these beliefs.

Yet there REALLY isn't an illusion!  In keeping with the quality of its
mysterious projection [somehow emanating Brahman], it can be justifiably
asserted and denied simultaneously(!)--without the need for reconciliation.
Wherefrom, the inevitable result finds the entire matter resolved in Silence.

Namaste.