Question on method of arriving at conclusions

Ian Goddard igoddard at EROLS.COM
Mon Jul 8 00:23:37 CDT 1996

 At 04:07 PM 7/6/96 -0700, Giri wrote:

 >        The statement 'Anything which can not be disproved [by what ?]
 > should be accepted as truth' does not make sense to my mind. God itself
 > can not be disproved or proved through logic. A statement 'God does not
 > exist' can not be disproved by logic alone.

IAN: Repeatable experiential observation is the major factor.
Rules of logic must conform to experience. A logical system
is only as valid as its ability to predict outcomes and
accurately describe the observed universe. So indeed we
cannot prove anything via logic alone. And yet the
process of thinking and speaking is itself an
experience that can be repeated and thus
from which proofs could be derived.

Law of Identity: A is A, relative to not-A. A = (A + ~A)

Law of Nonidentity: If there is 100% A, there is 0% A. A = ~A

absolute reality: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/reality.html