An Interesting article - any response?

egodust egodust at DIGITAL.NET
Fri Dec 6 15:25:28 CST 1996

Shrisha Rao wrote:
> Frank Maiello wrote:
>
> > The entire dvaitic conception is based on the idea that the jiva is real.
> > On the 'path' to moksha, what does it matter if it's considered so or not?
>
> It matters because unless there is a real entity needing moksha, there
> cannot be moksha at all.  Just as unless there is a real person
> needing food, there cannot be a meal.  Thus, any path that does not
> consider the mumukshu to be real is not a path to moksha at all.

Concur.  Thus there is no 'path' leading to 'moksha.'  'Moksha' is clearly a
fiction applicable to the fiction of relativity, where jnana and ajnana are
conceivable.  These are conjurable phantasms of the alleged Mind that somehow
spins its own astoundingly fantastic maya.  When its epic adventure into
infinite delusion is shattered, the whole polemic argument [of dvaita/advaita]
collapses as clean as a fog in a dream upon awakening to the fresh blast of
sunrise.

namaste.

_____________

Frank Maiello
"Who am I apart from Thee?"
http://digital.net/~egodust

>From  Fri Dec  6 15:15:33 1996
> > > The entire dvaitic conception is based on the idea that the jiva is real.
> > > On the 'path' to moksha, what does it matter if it's considered so or not?
> >
> > It matters because unless there is a real entity needing moksha, there
> > cannot be moksha at all.  Just as unless there is a real person
> > needing food, there cannot be a meal.  Thus, any path that does not
> > consider the mumukshu to be real is not a path to moksha at all.
> >

> Concur.  Thus there is no 'path' leading to 'moksha.'  'Moksha' is clearly a
> fiction applicable to the fiction of relativity, where jnana and ajnana are
> conceivable.

Non sequitur.  Your conclusion does not follow from your premise.  The
fact that any path that does not consider the mumukshu to be real is
not one to moksha, does not imply that moksha, or any path to it, is
fiction.  There is no inference rule that would lead from that premise
to such a conclusion, and it is easy to see why such a one is
impossible.

> These are conjurable phantasms of the alleged Mind that somehow
> spins its own astoundingly fantastic maya.  When its epic adventure
> into infinite delusion is shattered, the whole polemic argument [of
> dvaita/advaita] collapses as clean as a fog in a dream upon
> awakening to the fresh blast of sunrise.

All of that is an extraneous prevarication unrelated to, and not
following from, anything said previously.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao