KARMA

Charles A. Hillig chillig at JETLINK.NET
Wed Aug 21 19:47:05 CDT 1996

At 08:37 PM 8/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>OM NAMO NARAYANA!
>NAMASTE!
>
>I heard from lerned men:
>
>AVASYAM ANUBHOKYAVYAM KRUTAM KARMA SHUBHA ASHUBHAM
>(One has to go thru the fruits of one's actions Good OR Bad)

     Just because you know the end of the play, it doesn't mean that you'll
be able to skip over any of your painful scenes or get out of saying any of
your most challenging lines.  You still be, seemingly, going through what
you'll be going through."

>The same people said:
>
>BUDDHI KARMANUSARINI ( Intellect must follow karma)

     Maybe the idea is to consciously  "choose" what you've already
"chosen."  By living deliberately, you embrace the SELF that you are by
saying the unqualified "YES" to what IS..

>                                    Chuck Hillig

>From  Thu Aug 22 06:21:19 1996
Comments: To: "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>

Hello,

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:47:05 -0700, "Charles A. Hillig"
<chillig at JETLINK.NET> wrote:
>At 08:37 PM 8/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>OM NAMO NARAYANA!
>>NAMASTE!
>>
>>I heard from lerned men:
>>
>>AVASYAM ANUBHOKYAVYAM KRUTAM KARMA SHUBHA ASHUBHAM
>>(One has to go thru the fruits of one's actions Good OR Bad)
>
>     Just because you know the end of the play, it doesn't mean that you'll
>be able to skip over any of your painful scenes or get out of saying any of
>your most challenging lines.  You still be, seemingly, going through what
>you'll be going through."
>

>>The same people said:
>>
>>BUDDHI KARMANUSARINI ( Intellect must follow karma)
>
>     Maybe the idea is to consciously  "choose" what you've already
>"chosen."  By living deliberately, you embrace the SELF that you are by
>saying the unqualified "YES" to what IS..

I've also heard it explained as that you can't change what will
happen, but you can change what your attitude is towards it.
(Which is similar to what was said above.)

Namaskar,

Ken
kstuart at mail.telis.org

"The ego arises from the mistaken notion that the light of consciousness
reflected in the intellect and coloured by objectively perceived phenomena
is the true nature of the Self.  Thus, the personal ego falsely identifies
the Self with that which is not the Self and vice versa." - Mark Dyczkowski