Fwd: introduction

M Suresh msuresh at INDIA.TI.COM
Wed Aug 21 10:11:30 CDT 1996

Ravi wrote:

> influence these gunas.  There are so many teachings on the subject "How to
> control the mind".  Most say "You control the mind".  Whos is this "You" they
> are referring ?  I think they dont even know.  The individual body named Nagy
> can not control the mind.  The mind controls Nagy which ofcourse is natural.

  Since we are beyond the mind, I think we can control the mind. Of course the
  thought of controlling the mind is a mental thought, but its source is
  from the self, sat-chit-ananda. But it looks like controlling of the mind is
  the same as the mind subsiding on its own.

>  Mind constantly seeks its source but the environment it is placed prevents
> and obscures the source.  If sttva guna predominates and prevails the search
> becomes easy and the mind unites and becomes one with the source: SAT CHIT
> ANANDA.

  I would like to add that though sattva guna is the most preferred, Tamas is
  the only guna among the three from which one would like to get out or
 transcend
  it. One is hardly aware of the presence of the other two gunas, and so becomes
  unknowingly bound by them.

-Suresh.