[Advaita-l] Fwd: The historicity of the Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 05:21:03 EDT 2018

The (Old Shankara vijaya's) author's name  is not mentioned. I made a
mistake in giving the name of that 'original' work: It is stated as
'प्राचीनशंकरविजयः" whereas I wrongly stated it as 'brihat shankara vjaya'.
The very first verse of the Madhaviya says:     https://sa.wikisource.org/s/
yjy

प्रणम्य परमात्मानं श्रीविद्यातीर्थरूपिणम् ।। *प्राचीनशंकरजये सारः संगृह्यते
स्फुटम्* ॥ १ ॥

And at the end of each sarga, we see a colophon thus: 'इति श्रीमाधवीये
.....संक्षेपशङ्करजये सर्गोऽयं....'

>From the above we can see that the extant work is a samkshepa of an ancient
work. You can see in the link above that the Dindima commentary too
mentions the praacheena....

regards
subbu