[Advaita-l] A fairly good overview of the Advaita Vedanta

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:59:48 EDT 2018

Namaste

I just read the Anandagiri vyakhyanam for the very first mangala shloka of
Sureshwaracharya's Brihadaranyaka Bhashya Vartikam. I felt extremely amazed
at the great depth of meaning the verse conveys. Anandagiri Acharya has
brought out the deep purport of the verse in many ways. A study of just the
vyakhyanam, a lengthy one indeed, will surely be rewarding. One can get a
fairly good overview of the Vedanta shaastra. The schools that are opposed
to Vedanta are given a reference with the particular words in the verse
that refute them. That way one gets to know the essence of those schools.
The prameya and pramana bhaaga of Vedanta is very beautifully brought out
in the vyakhya for the very first verse. The anubandha chatushtayam too is
briefly stated to make the discourse a complete one in all respects. I am
posting the vyakhya, in several images here for those interested to savor
the dish.

I have shared the images, five in number, constituting the vyakhyanam on
Facebook and here are the links to those images, in that order:

1.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2034205893259428&set=a.697484646931566.1073741827.100000101118270&type=3&theater

2.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2034210756592275&set=a.697484646931566.1073741827.100000101118270&type=3&theater