[Advaita-l] "VEDA IS NO MORE veda "

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Mar 2 05:53:43 EST 2018

it is not clear the particular sentence " VEDA IS NO MORE VEDA". I am unable to understand

praNAms
Hare Krishna

It is Upanishad vAkya, along with veda - aveda, somany other things also included in that mantra-  In short, though it is a talk on sushupti avasthA, it talks about muktAvastha where sarvaM is ekaM.  Some says in sushupti ekatvaM will be with kArya brahma not kAraNa and tureeya is the real avasthA where jeeva is really brahma, if that is the case shruti would not have said here in this state veda - aveda, deva - adeva etc.  since mergence with kArya brahman is not the ultimate goal of Advaita  and it is not the mukti which shruti ultimately accept.  Let that be aside.  We have to understand statement like this that after the dawn of svarUpa jnana there is no need for obtaining the jnana through pramANa-prameya vyavahAra since vyavahAra itself bAdhita.  The direct means to know the svarUpa is shAstra, after knowing / realizing the svarUpa getting rid of all saMshaya-s through shAstra the shAstra-s role will be over.  Shankara somewhere compares shAstra to the kAtaka powder which dissolves itself in water after removing the dirt from the water.  It is in this context Upanishad teaches us atra veda aveda etc.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar