[Advaita-l] Significance of Tharpanam

Venkatachalapathi G gvpathi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:01:46 EST 2018

Namaste,

While Tharpanam part belongs to karma kanda seeking to get more conviction
about the action as this group has elites who can shed light with
experience.

Normally Tharpanam performed for own linage Pitru and seeing importance
given for Bhishmashtami  with different Gotra.

1. How significantly it gives us some idea to perform tharpana for other
gotra.  Is it allowed or only for Bhishma ?
2. Is there any purpose associated with it like sidha sudhi?
3. Can we / Should we need to do tharpanam for Guru Parampara ?
4. What is the inner significance or meaning of tharpanam ?

With respects,
Venkat