[Advaita-l] Bhishma Ashtami Tarpanam

Anand Hudli anandhudli at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 07:06:17 EST 2018

>Please advise as per dharmasindhu for the people of northern india,
whether they can use the ata (Godhuma pindi) for Pitru trapana ?. I too
observed people here using the Yagnnopavita change as prachinavaiti without
tila, How far it is correct?

As far as I know, godhUma piNDa is to be used by people who are not
brAhmaNas, during the usual shrAddhakarma, not for tarpaNa. tila tarpaNa is
the norm, unless you are doing the pitR-tarpaNa as part of the daily
brahma-yajna, in which case just water is sufficient.

Anand