[Advaita-l] Who Is the Ultimate GOD in Vedic dharma ?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 05:12:36 EST 2018

Namaste Sri Srinivas Gadkari,

Reg  << Let us suppose we are looking for a manifested being in our search
for the
Ultimate GOD and not an asymptotic tattva.>> ,

In my understanding, the manifest form of “ ultimate GOD “ is linked to the
particular individual. In Creation the levels of mental/spiritual
development varies considerably  from person to person, and the Vedas
recognize the need for different sadhanas/paths for different individuals
to allow  for the spiritual development of all the beings from whatever
level they are at the current stage. Taking an extreme case, the “ ultimate
GOD “ for a forest dweller is the form which he believes provides him with
his daily food. The position is different for a student for example who is
intent on success in his educational pursuits. So is it for a career
oriented person. For each one, and at different times for the same person
as well, the “ultimate GOD ‘ is different. The Vedas allow for the same.

Reg  << One can connect much better (develop love, bhakti) with a "Father =
Adi puruSa" who has
toiled (and continues to toil) for the creation. >>,

As stated above, such a [image:
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]"Father = Adi
puruSa" is not a single or common entity for all individuals and at all
times. It varies from person to person, time to time and many a time need
based. It also depends on his vAsanAs as well, which as you very well know,
go under the general title of “ samskAras “ and are accumulated over many
births.

This is my understanding.

Regards

Virus-free.