[Advaita-l] Dying to Live Peacefully - III

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jan 19 00:43:28 EST 2018

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018, H S Chandramouli wrote:

>       Surprising conclusion.  Amongst the PrasthAna traya,  Gita is
>       considered to be sAdhana prasthAna. It concentrates on the
>       sAdhanas  essential ( pre-requisite)  for undertaking Brahma
>       Vidya leading to Absolute Peace.  Can it be termed  “ but
>       peaceful it is not “.

That is an important clarification.  _Absolute_ peace.  The paradox of
human existence is that sometimes the long-term goal of peace requires
turmoil in the short-term.  This is one of the central themes of the
Mahabharata including the Gita.

I shall elaborate on this in a post in a reply in the "kshatriya dharma
according to manu smriti and its interpretation today?" thread.