[Advaita-l] An anecdote

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 19:48:30 EST 2018

Every scripture says that it is necessary
to make the mind subside.
Therefore, after knowing that mindrestraint
(mano-nigraha) alone is the
intention of the scriptures, what is the
benefit in reading the scriptures again
and again? For making the mind
subside, it is necessary to investigate
who one is. Therefore, instead of
investigating and knowing who is
oneself, who exists within the five
sheaths (pancha-kosas), liking to
know oneself through scriptures is
only futile. All the scriptures that have
been read will at one time end up
having to be forgotten.

Bhagavan Ramana

regards,
Sarma.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 12:03 AM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <