[Advaita-l] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Goda Sastrigal passed away

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 05:48:00 EST 2018

For the record: Sri Goda Sastrigal had, in combination with Sri
Krishnamurti Sastrigal and Sri Mani Dravid Sastrigal, expounded the
Advaitasiddhi to a not-very-scholarly audience in Chennai for some nine
years in Tamil.  Here is a profile of him found in an announcement for one
of his books:

https://www.amazon.com/Srividyasara-Prasnottara-Malika-Dr-Goda-Venkateswara-Sastri/dp/B00JKNYGY4

// Dr. Goda Venkateswra Sastri, M.Sc. Ph.D,CAIIB is a distinguished Vedic
Scholar teaching the Prasthantraya text in several institutions over the
past thirty years. He has participated in a large number of Vidvat Sadas
and Seminars. Recognising his wide scholarship, he has been awarded many
titles such as Advaita Siddhi Ratnakara, Vidya Vachaspati, Brahma Vidya
Bhusana, and so on. He has contributed a number of articles to learned
journals.

Dr. Goda Venkateswara Sastri got Poornadiksha from Gnanandanatha, Brahamsri
Injikollai V.Jagaderswara Sastrigal of Guhananda Mandali. He is a
practicing Upasaka of Sri Vidya. He has been giving lectures on Sri Vidya
texts like Lalitha Sahasranaama Bhaashya of Bhaskararaya, Varivasya
Rahasya, Kamakalavilasa, Ganesha Sahasranama, Subramanya Kalpa, etc. Many
Yagas are performed under his direction at various places. He has been the
key note speaker at many a seminar on Tantra Mantra Yantra.

Sastriji was an officer with the Reserve Bank of India for 30 Years before
taking voluntary retirement for the purpose of teaching and research in
Tarka, Mimamsa, Vedanta and other systems in Sanskrit//.

Om Tat Sat