[Advaita-l] What we could learn from Mythology

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:44:28 EST 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> Sri Visveswara saraswati in the yati dharma sangraha
>
> praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
> Hare Krishna
>
> I am not familiar with this work, hence asking : What would be the source
> (Akara graNtha) for  this dhArmic injunctions followed by yati-s ??  Is
> there any separate rules and regulations for various types of yati-s /
> sanyasi-s like vidvat, vividisha, mathAdhipati, jagadguru-s, parivrAjaka-s
> etc.??  Please clarify.

The work 'Yati Dharma Sangraha' is followed by Sringeri MaTha for purposes
such as sannyasa diksha, etc.  For instance, during the recent sannyasa
diksha ceremony. the shlokas that were chanted while giving the danda
kamandalu, etc. were all from this work. There are no separate regulations
for the types of sannyasis you have listed above. Only the avadhuta who has
no danda and does not stay in one place, there are  not regulations.

regards
subbu