[Advaita-l] About apashudradhikarana.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Feb 20 23:29:11 EST 2018

praNAms Sri rAma prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly let me know whether this book available anywhere in the net  in PDF format as I am not able to open the below link.

Mental saNyAsa (tyAga) is what is required for the sincere mumukshu and saNyAsa as an Ashrama (Ashrama saNyAsa) gives that conducive environment to develop the tyAga manObhAva but Ashrama saNyAsa is not mandatory, is the topic we discussed in this list itself long time back.  Dr. Shyam prabhuji ( I have forgotten whether he is member of Advaita-L or advaitin and not so active nowadays) argued with the support of geeta and sUtra bhAshya that Ashrama saNyAsa sveekAra is a must formality to be followed if at all one wants the paramArtha jnana.  In the saNyAsa sveekAra samArambha Sri ChandramouLi avadhAni ( pUrvAshrama name, now Sri Adhvayanandendra Saraswati ) after taking deeksha said in anugraha Ashirvachana :  Those who studied shAstra and shankara bhAshya pursuing jnana mArga MUST take 'saNyAsa deeksha' lest it is clear that they have not understood Acharya upadesha properly with regard to Ashrama saNyAsa.  I always wondering how can this be when bhAshyakAra himself talking about the gruhastha  jnAni-s !!??  Perhaps saNyAsa Ashrama is a must for those who donot have capability to do inner saNyAsa while swimming in the samsara sAgara :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar