[Advaita-l] What we could learn from Mythology

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:03:16 EST 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
> Samba and Ashwatthama played similar roles in Mahabharata. Ashwatthama
> destroyed Pandavas sons and Samba destroyed his own dynasty. Both have
> Amsha of Shiva in them. What will Shiva do? He is a destroyer. He is
> playing perfect role after Vishnu's role has ended. After the war Krishna's
> role ended. He had nothing to do. His Yaadava Vamsha is practically useless
> and they are simply wasting time. Therefore at that time Shiva as
> Ashwatthama and Samba destroyed everything.  Why should anybody or DP get
> upset with this? He should not blame Krishna. It is all Ishwara's Leela.

Yes, actually everything that happens is Ishwara's Leela.  The acts of
Duryodhana, Dussasana, etc. and Ravana, etc. are all necessary for the
final end to play out as per the pre-determined plot.  Thus, we have
nothing to learn from the events of the epics as they are part of the
divine plan.