[Advaita-l] Fwd: मथुराधिपते...मधुराधिपते.....which is correct?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:08:40 EST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Subject: मथुराधिपते...मधुराधिपते.....which is correct?
To: BHARATIYA VIDVAT <bvparishat at googlegroups.com>

While thinking of the famous madhuraashTakam, I suddenly felt that since it
is on Krishna, could it be that it is मथुराधिपते...?  And when I gave a
search with this word, I was surprised to get results:

http://stotram.lalitaalaalitah.com/2011/03/hymns-to-krishna-
madhurashtaka.html

(वल्लभाचार्यकृतम्)
अधरं मधुरं वदनं मधुरं नयनं
मधुरं हसितं मधुरम् ।
हृदयं मधुरं गमनं मधुरं मथुराधिपतेरखिलं
मधुरम् ॥ १ ॥
Very few results with this word were obtained. However, with the popular
word '.मधुराधिपते..' countless results were found.

Is there any निर्णायकः  for this? In any case it is called 'मधुराष्टकम्'
popularly and it is because of the maadhurya paanam by the poet and not
because it is of a person of whose everything is madhura.

Thoughts of members here are welcome.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v