[Advaita-l] Swami Haribrahmendrananda Tirtha

Raghav Kumar Dwivedula raghavkumar00 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 10:05:59 EST 2018

Namaste Subbu ji
Swami Haribrahmendrananda Thirthaji is Acharya at the ashram viz., Adi
Shankara Brahmavidya peeth which has its old website at www.somashram.in

Swamiji came to Uttarkashi in ~1991 from Trivandrum when he was barely 14
years of age and started studying Sanskrit and shastra from Sri Swami
Chaitanyanandaji , a disciple of Swami Sivanandaji Maharaj of DLS,
Rishikesh. (Swami Haribrahmendranandaji mentioned once that he had been
guided by a sadhu in an invisible manner for a few years in his teens until
he came to Uttarkashi.)

 And also then studied the entire bhAShya for over 12 years at Kailash
ashram, Uttarkashi from Acharya Swami Vishnu Thirthaji who is himself
resident at the ASBP itself.  Swamiji also studied   advaita siddhi,
siddhanta bindu, mimAmsa and nyAya texts etc., from the same Acharya.

At present, ASBP is actually an excellent resource of shAstra in having
amongst its accomplished acharyas Swami Haribrahmendrananda ji, Acharya
Vishnu Thirthaji and also Acharya Swami Sharvananda Giri ji of Bharat
Sevashram lineage who is currently acharya at Uttarkashi Kailash ashram too
although he resides at ASBP.

And Swamiji and the two other Acharyas above are shrotriyas who are quite
approachable and quite amiable.

Swamiji travels southwards during winter. He helped organize the namAmi
shankaram program at Kannyakumari in November 2017. Swamiji is an ardent
proponent of bhAShya pArAyaNam, whereby prasthAnatraya bhAShya pArAyaNa is
done over 108 horAs. Swamiji's excellent scholarly researched book on the
Yoga Sutras taking into account vyAsa bhAShya, tattvavaishAradi and vijnAna
bhijShu etc, is much acclaimed - it's in Malayalam. They were still looking
for someone to translate it into english, the last I heard.

I had stayed in Uttarkashi for a couple of years around 2004 and later been
in occasional touch with ASBP acharyas and had the opportunity study
Upadesha sAhasri and Naiskarmya siddhi with tIkas etc., from Sri Swami
Haribrahmendranandaji.

Another website is also being launched. It's still a work in (slow)
progress.

https://www.adishankarabrahmavidyapeeth.org

Om
Raghav

Excerpt from their new website

There are regular classes at the Ashram on Upanishads, Sanskrit, Bhagavad
Gita and Shat Darshananas (six schools of Indian philosophy) like Sankhya,
Mimamsa etc. and others conducted by the resident Acharyas. These sessions
start at 7am and go on till 5pm with breaks in between. Essentially there
are around 5-6 hours of classes which are attended by the resident students
as well as seekers coming from other Ashrams and places.

The teachings are carried out in the traditional method and the Acharyas
are available outside of class timings to take queries from the students
and guide them in the best possible manner.

The day starts with Bhashya Paranayam and ends with evening Arati at the
Shankara Hall.

On 11-Feb-2018 1:17 AM, "V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l" <