[Advaita-l] Question about Avaccheda vada

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:15:12 EST 2018

> Thanks for the relevant passages. This actually is very good. I had
> specifically mentioned reflection theory "as we understand today".

Even the theory 'as understood today', whatever that might mean, does not
contradict Advaita. Ishwara is Brahman reflected in maya and jiva is
Brahman reflected in avidya. This can happily explain advaita.  Only the
reflecting mediums are different.  If you want water example, you can have
different types/magnitudes of water bodies for the reflection and use the
theory.

vs