[Advaita-l] Question about Avaccheda vada

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 22:17:15 EST 2018

Namaskar Sreenivasa Murthyji,

At first I thought you were trolling me. But this is actually an interesting question. Even within the confines of philosophy/theology, only two entities exist: jiva and brahman/ishwara.
Akasha could mean space or ether. The significance of using this in the analogy as I understand is that in the homogenous brahman, multitude is just an appearance due to upadhi. There is no transformation or transfiguration or even a distinct controller (ishwara) apart from brahman. This is the best representation of vivartavada.