[Advaita-l] Sri Vidya prabhuji's introduction of Acharya dvaya

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Sep 15 08:27:32 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for the clarifications.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

Sri Dikshita has written four short works on Brahmasutra as per the four schools - advaita, Srikantha's school, Ramanuja and Madhva.  A dvaita scholar Krishnavadhuta too has written a similar work on Sutras as per Advaita and Vishishtadvaita.

And with regard to Sri MS, I apologize that I have included Upanishads also when Sri Vidya prabhuji says MS differs only from geeta and sUtra.  And it is also worth pondering with regard to Sri Vidya’s another observation from the above write up :

// quote //

Just like appayya dIkshita, who integrated SivAdvaita into advaita vedAnta, madhusUdana bridged the sAtvata school of pAncarAtra vaishNavism and advaita vedAnta philosophy.

// unquote //

With regards to the above it is to be known that the doctrines have not been integrated; only the practices for devotion meant for chittashuddhi are. Shankara himself has said  in the sutrabhashya that Ishwara pranidhana (a term in the Yoga sutra) is taught in the shruti and smritis.

Regards
subbu

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

Bhaskar

CC :  I am directly cc’ing this mail to Sri Vidya prabhuji, if he is not following list discussion.