[Advaita-l] Sri Vidya prabhuji's introduction of Acharya dvaya

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 08:21:13 EDT 2017

On 15 Sep 2017 16:25, "Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l" <

praNAms

Hare Krishna

Here below Sri Vidya prabhuji's introduction of Sri Appayya Deekshitar and
Sri Madhusudana saraswati from Advaita-L web page.  My heartfelt praNAms to
Sri ‘X’ prabhuji who copy and pasted this directly from Advaita page on my
request.  I am just forwarding as it is received :

// unquote //

>From the above it is interesting to note that Sri Appayya Deekshitar belong
to bhAmati school though shivaadvaita follower he has written commentary on
vishishtAdvaita work also !!

Sri Dikshita has written four short works on Brahmasutra as per the four
schools - advaita, Srikantha's school, Ramanuja and Madhva.  A dvaita
scholar Krishnavadhuta too has written a similar work on Sutras as per
Advaita and Vishishtadvaita.

And with regard to Sri MS, I apologize that I have included Upanishads also
when Sri Vidya prabhuji says MS differs only from geeta and sUtra.  And it
is also worth pondering with regard to Sri Vidya’s another observation from
the above write up :

// quote //

Just like appayya dIkshita, who integrated SivAdvaita into advaita vedAnta,
madhusUdana bridged the sAtvata school of pAncarAtra vaishNavism and
advaita vedAnta philosophy.

// unquote //

With regards to the above it is to be known that the doctrines have not
been integrated; only the practices for devotion meant for chittashuddhi
are. Shankara himself has said  in the sutrabhashya that Ishwara pranidhana
(a term in the Yoga sutra) is taught in the shruti and smritis.

Regards
subbu

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

Bhaskar

CC :  I am directly cc’ing this mail to Sri Vidya prabhuji, if he is not
following list discussion.