[Advaita-l] The safe way

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 14:24:10 EDT 2017

How did you arrive at the above conclusion calling it a 'fact'? To be a Shaiva one must believe that moksha is going to Shivaloka, Kailasa and remain there as an entity different from Shiva. Also that all jivas are absolutely different from each other. Did Appayya Dikshitar subscribe to these beliefs in his personal life? Who is Neelakantha? Did you mean Srikantha? In fact his system is Shiva vishishta advaita. Appayya Dikshita also wrote concise commentaries on the Brahma sutras as per all the four schools. Would you call him a Dvaitin, Vishisthadvaitin (Ramanuja), Srikantha-school and Advaitin all rolled into one? What is the rationale behind your conclusion?