[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: sArUpya, adhikasattAkajnAna is not necessary for bAdha

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 11:37:39 EDT 2017

Namaste Anandji,

Thanks for a wonderful explanation of these interesting topics in AS.
However, I have a question:

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <

> Madhusudana: bAdhya-anyUnasattAkatvameva bAdhakatve prayojakam, na tu
> adhikasattakatvamiti asyopapAdidatvena vyAvahArikeNa vyAvahArikabAdhavat
> prAtibhAsikena prAtibhAsikabAdha-avirodhAt| (The sublater's) not belonging
> to a lower order of reality is necessary for sublation, not belonging to a
> higher order of reality.

​
In SDV, we could say that vyAvahArika is higher than the prAtibhAsika and
pAramArthika higher than vyAvahArika, but in DSV will we not be stating
only two?
​And s
ince the objection is to the DSV perspective of things, what would mean by
a higher or a lower order of reality? That would mean that prAtibhAsika
cannot sublate pAramArthika, but can sublate anything prAtibhAsika,
including what is considered vyAvahArika since the latter is not higher
order of reality
​ at all​
.
​ ​
Is that a fair statement?

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​