[Advaita-l] The safe way

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 13 02:03:47 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Subbu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The excerpt was not intended to send a message that you have tried to understand from it. It is the concluding part of a parable titled 'Teachers to Avoid' on p.282 in the book Edifying Parables, available as a free download e-book here:

http://www.sringeri.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Edifying-Parables.pdf

Ø     Yes, in this world full of charlatans we have to be very careful before choosing the able guru.  Anyway, saying goes, a real guru himself will come in search of able shishya when he is ‘ready’.  I think somehow we have to be ‘flexible’ with the shrOtreeya guru without looking deep into his conduct / behavior / attitude and interpreting them as per our expectations and reservations ☺ Follow what Krishna said and don’t follow what Krishna did,  heard this somewhere ☺ We have to accept the fact that the guru-s too mortals since they too have bhautika shareera which is occasionally  subject to bhAva / manO vikAra.  And this lenience can be extended to even brahmanishTa as well since we are not able to look beyond his deha ☺

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar