[Advaita-l] Accounting for Brahman appearing as the world

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Sep 12 07:49:10 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Ravi Kiran prabhuji
Hare Krishna
Yes, by negation, if it is said, the inexpressible revealed is Kutastha Atman, then the question is, how its aikya with upanisadic Brahman is established ? how is the sruti maha vAkya interpreted based on sAmAnAdhikaraNya and lakshaNa nirUpaNa.

Ø   IMO, there will not be two steps in realizing the brahman in the above scenario. i.e. first we have to negate visheshatva of brahman and realize that we are kUtastha Atman and then as a second step we have to merge this kUtastha Atman with upanishadic brahman.  shAstra would not teach brahman as such and such a thing.  OTOH, it helps us to remove / eradicate our avidyA with regard to our svarUpa.  Our svarUpa is not pramANa siddha, it is svayaM siddha, hence no pramANa is required to establish our svarUpa.  When avidyA is removed by the shAstra vAkya janita jnana, the self-effulgence of Atman will be revealed on its own.  AhaM brahmAsmi, tattvamasi etc. not there to  establish Ikya between two different entities, instead it is there to convey the ekatvaM without second.  Hence, the revelation of kUtastha Atman is itself the realization of upanishadic brahman.
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar