[Advaita-l] Accounting for Brahman appearing as the world

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 02:57:36 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Praveen

You are right. If Badhayam Samanadhikaranyam is not accepted it becomes
Parinama Vada only. But Advaita is not Parinama Vada. It is Vivarta Vada.
After Bhranti is over the Snake is not seen. In Badhayam Samanadhikaranyam
the Badhita Vastu will be Vyavaharika or Pratibhasika but not Paramarthika.
It will not be seen after realization. But Pot is seen even after realizing
it is Mud only. Therefore this is Parinama Vada.

Sri Bhaskara is saying as if Pot will be there even after Brahman is
realized because everything is Brahman. Again we are slipping down to
Parinama Vada. This is closer to Visistadvaita than Advaita. Because they
also say all the Cit and Acit Vastus are real and the body of Brahma.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh