[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** All the three states are dream alone

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:48:11 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 12:55 AM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <

> Namaste
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <
> >

> >> न निरोधो न चोत्पत्तिर्न बद्धो न च साधकः ।
> >> न मुमुक्षुर्न वै मुक्त इत्येषा परमार्थता ॥ ३२ ॥
> >>
> >> If you understand this very important Sloka you will very definitely
> >> understand Adhikari Bheda also.
> >>
> >> If you think Moksha is false there is no Adhikari Bheda. If you think
> >> Moksha is real there is Adhikari Bheda and it is also real.
> >>

> > Since you are the one proposed Adhikari bhEdha to substantiate various
> > opposing views in Advaita, obviously it shows you accepted such bhEda as
> > real. As a result, by your own logic above it implies you are accepting
> > moksha is real.
> >
> > Good to know you do not accept Goudapaada's above quote and hence
> disagree
> > with him!
> >

> There are two types of accepting something. I can accept something now or I
> can accept it in Future. I am accepting Adhikari Bheda now but accepting
> there is no Moksha in Future. Now I have to accept Adhikari Bheda and
> Moksha both. I am agreeing with Gaudapada in Future only.
>
> It is like a person reaching a mountain top and saying he will not require
> the climbing tools and animals like mule on the top. He can move on top
> without any help. But a person like you and me we are still climbing and
> not reached the top. We require mules and climbing help. You cannot follow
> the top person and throw out the help you are getting though you agree with
> the top person saying no help is required on top.

Saying one do not need tools anymore is different from saying tool does not
exist at all. What you are saying (regarding adhikAri bhEda) is later
version.

More over, you cannot talk in terms of present and future. Remember what
advaita-siddhi kAra has defined mithya as something which is subjected to
negation in ***all three periods*** of time, including period while it is
being perceived. So, even though you seems to perceive so called
"adhikAri-bhEda" now, in actuality it does not exist even now. So, your
argument based on distinction of present/future is toothless.

/sv