[Advaita-l] Commitment to Dharma

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 22:38:49 EDT 2017

There was a time when people refused to go after objects or prosperity if
it came in the way of their observing Dharma. There have been instances in
the past when the king sent for scholars while they were engaged in
Anushtanam, they used to send the king’s emissary back saying that they
would come only after finishing their Anushtanam. When such a scholar once
went to the king after finishing his Anushthanam, the king expressed that
he was made to wait for an hour. The scholar replied, “My Anushtana is for
the good of all in the country.” Such was their dedication to their Dharma.

Today, we become happy when we realize that we had such ancestors. But our
happiness and contentment stop right there. How many feel that we should
follow in their footsteps and lead our lives like they did? They put Dharma
and the Lord ahead of everything else. Today people have wealth, status,
comfort and worldly fame as their main focus. What is the point of the Lord
incarnating and taking efforts to reestablish Dharma? What is the guarantee
that one will get born as a human in the next birth?      - ACHARYAL
BHAGAVAN JAGADGURU SRI SRI SRI BHARATHI THEERTHA MAHASANNIDHANAM