[Advaita-l] Significance of Mula Avidya

Aditya Kumar kumaraditya22 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 15:02:05 EDT 2017

 Please let me know if the below is correct or not with regards to nature of the world :
Subject(S)-------------------Object(O)
Realists/Objective world-view : Subject(S) and Object(O) are independent of each other. In other words, Objects(O) exist irrespective of the Subject(S).
Idealists/Subjective world-view : Object(O) does not exist independent of the Subject(S) one way or the other (as an idea/simultaneous creation/etc). Subject(S) alone is the ultimate reality and the Objects(O) are merely an idea or projected by Subject(S) like the web of spider.
Now the Vedantic view as I understand, with the inclusion of Mula Avidya :
Subject(S)--->subject(s)--------------Object(O)
Subject(S)=Brahman, subject(s)=Mula Avidya/Pratyagatman/Upadhi/AntahkaranaObject(O)=Jagat/World
In this world-view, although subject(s) and Object(O) are independent of each other, when taken as subject(s)----Object(O) pair, they are projection/idea of Subject(S) or Brahman. So we cannot say the world is either subjective or objective.