[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 08:11:50 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Santosh

The job of educating foreign living young Brahmins with our tradition is
too difficult and doomed to fail. They are living in some Mleccha dominated
land and culture. Language is a link to culture. Without language it is
very difficult to communicate culture. The youngsters must learn our local
languages. In this Internet dominated world it is not difficult to learn
Indian languages. I know the parents in USA mostly talk only English and
kids cannot learn the mother tongue. But if they are interested they can
learn it.

What is the solution? If we see some foreign white Indologists they are all
coming and staying in India for years together and learning Sastras
traditionally. They are spending years in India. If the whites can do it
why not our own Brahmin youngsters? They can come and stay here for few
years and learn a lot. Finally they have to plan to return to India
permanently. Even careers in India are better now. Financial problem also
solved.

Kindly see -

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/love-and-money-second-generation-indian-americans-return-india

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Santosh Rao via Advaita-l <