[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 08:54:19 EDT 2017

Namaste,

I too understand what you say. We all understand.
I too have greatly benefited from this list, but this is one topic pinches
us.
I cant just quote that shastras say this and that and then also appreciate
the work done by western Hindus. This is hypocrisy. Every time quoting
shastras is not going to work. If we stretch too much, then we would not be
in a position to apply shastras in our practical life. 100 % cannot be
applied. Too much compliance will result into increase in resistance of
masses, it will result in alienation by those who are practicing it. Also
we cannot disregard shastras.

That is why I have said when Sringeri Matha takes some steps like
establishing matha in USA and Canada, they must have a strong reason for it.

Without piling up layers any further, my simple question is what is the way
forward?

OM
Sujal

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Santosh Rao via Advaita-l <