[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Vēdānta Study Group vedant.study at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:22:29 EDT 2017

Harih Om

Dharma (and its interpretation) evolves through time. What is stated in the
Brhadaranyaka upanishad may be contextual to the social situation then.
These boundaries can be widened as contemporary sampradayavits see fit.

As someone correctly points out, even the Jagadguru of Sringeri has blessed
the SVBF mandir to be set up in Pennsylvania. Surely these Acharyas have a
better understanding of the commentaries and how to make them applicable in
present times. Personally, I don't see ourselves fit to form a universal
opinion for Hindus to follow, but certainly these teachers are in a
position to do so, and they have. So far I have not seen any counter to
this point

Namaste,
Prashant

On 6 October 2017 at 11:14, Kalyan via Advaita-l <