[Advaita-l] Chanting Gayatri overseas

Santosh Rao itswhateva at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 12:30:26 EDT 2017

A sticking point in this topic seems to be the debate between whether
karmabhoomi refers to India, or to the planet earth in total.

The traditional view will maintain that bharata-varsha/karmabhoomi only
refers to India, the more modern crowd will say it refers to our planet.

I favor the traditional view, but Jaldhar brings up a good point, what
constitutes "India?" South India was not always considered bharata-varsha,
since all of the stories in our shastras took place in North India,
Brahmanas only came and settled there at a much later point in time. Am I
off-base with this assumption?

Namaskara,

- Santosh

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Vēdānta Study Group via Advaita-l <