[Advaita-l] SrividyA and advaita vedAnta

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:37:51 EDT 2017

Namaste,
Thank you Sriram mahodaya.

Given that we are discussing the topic of SrividyA, could you (or anyone
familiar with the matter) please elaborate a little bit on how SrividyA
upAsana fits within advaita vedAnta?
1) Is it a sAdhana for chitta shuddhi, ultimately requiring / leading to
guru prApti, shravaNa-manana-nidhidhyAsana, jnAna and moksha? i.e., does
SrividyA hold that one would need to transition from SrividyA upAsana to
jnAna sAdhana for moksha?
2) Or, does SrividyA shAstra hold that jnAna is not a requirement for
mokshA and upAsana itself is sufficient? Is the nature of mokshA different
in SrividyA and advaita?
3) Or, are these elements incorporated within the ambit of the upAsana
itself - i.e. the word upAsana in this context includes both upAsana and
jnAna sAdhana? If so, how?

It would be very helpful to understand the correspondence between advaita
vedAnta and SrividyA upAsana, and where the two diverge (if at all they do).

Kind regards,
Venkatraghavan