[Advaita-l] In the lineage of Ashwatthama

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:59:47 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 10:56 AM, D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ <
dvnsarma at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not think that Aswatthama was crowned as a king. Atleast I am not
> aware of any such
> thing. I remember that he has been cursed by Veda Vyasa to suffer leprocy
> for the rest of his life.

There are various versions of the story of Ashwatthama. The Pallava dynasty
that is described in the post I shared is based on an inscription of the
6th or 7th CE.

https://www.quora.com/Did-Ashwathama-from-the-Mahabharatha-marry

One story says that he was the King of Panchala.

There is also a story that has Ashwatthama getting cured of the curse,
leprosy, etc. due to Shakti worship. He is believed to become the next Veda
Vyasa.

regards
vs