[Advaita-l] Advaita Siddhi series 016 - dvitIya mithyAtva vichAra: (part 8)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Nov 9 01:19:36 EST 2017

As far as he is concerned there is neither world nor a mind to experience it. People observing him may superimpose a mind, body, jIvanmuktitvam, vyavahAra etc on him, but as far as he is concerned, none of it exists nor is it experienced by him.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Those who are interested in knowing jnAni's BMI (body mind intellect of the jnAni ) during the post jnana period, can look at the series of discussion with regard to this very topic in advaitin list ( I don’t know whether it is there in this list as well !!??).  Traditional view point or atleast those who claim that they know the tradition, argue that jnAni's body, his mind, his rAga, dvesha etc. continue to exist not only in the view of people who are observing but it is indeed continue to exist  in him due to the effects of avidyA lesha and prArabdha karma phala. BruhadAraNyaka bhAshya on 1.4.7 ( samyakjnAnaprAptAvapi avashyaMbhAvinee pravruttiH vAngmanaH kAyAnAM etc. ) is the powerful source to substantiate this claim.  Anyway,  I don’t have the intention here to open the can of worms once  again, but just want  to convey that this view is more prevalent in traditional circle :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar