[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Question/Clarification on Chanting Vaidika mantras

Rajesh Benjwal rbenjwal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 04:29:48 EST 2017

 Namaste,

When we chant a mantra then even we do not know the meaning it will produce
the result but it is not the same that we are performing a yajna and we
don't know the meaning of what we are saying as mantra because it is said
in अर्थसंग्रह: that क्रतुविधिनामर्थज्ञानापेक्षणीय, in a yajna it is
expected from याज्ञिक that he is अर्थज्ञानवान. So a student of Veda must
learn his वेदशाखा with अर्थज्ञानम्. We should not neglect this part.

Thanks

*Rajesh Benjwal*