[Advaita-l] prayAshchitaM for sAvitribhraShTAH

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 13:41:57 EDT 2017

Namaste Sri Rajesh ji,
I concur with Sri Subrahmanian ji - but since you want shAstra vihita
prAyaschitta, please refer vashiShTha dharmasUtra 11.75-11.79

http://www.hinduonline.co/vedicreserve/kalpa/dharma/vasishtha_dharma_sutra.pdf

The options offered are:
1) uddAlaka vratam - for two months he should live on barley gruel
(yAvaka), one month on milk, half a month on curd, six days on food
received without being asked for, three days on water, and fast for one day
and night
2) ashvamedha avabhrita - participate in the ritual bath at the end of the
ashvamedha
3) vrAtyastoma

Whether these options are possible I do not know, but I do feel for the
boys. Hope you find some way forward.

Regards
Venkatraghavan

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Rajesh Benjwal via Advaita-l <