[Advaita-l] Question/Clarification on Chanting Vaidika mantras

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Nov 3 07:48:35 EDT 2017

The meaning is that mispronouncing svara-s changes the meaning. So since it's the cause of giving the wrong meaning, it's denoted as not knowing the meaning.

praNAms Sri Rama prabhuji / Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

A small doubt, as we all know same mantra has different svara-s in Rigveda and KYV.  Deergha svarita are more in Rigveda and same mantra has svarita in Yajurveda.  Here also meaning will change or same meaning maintained??  And there are mainly two different ways of chanting Rigveda mantra-s, kanchi paatha style something different from what we chant here as Rigveda.  Please clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar