[Advaita-l] Shodashopachara during Homa/Havan

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:47:30 EDT 2017

I have many of the mylapore Veda adhyayana sabha texts as well. This may be
something specific to ganapati homam, I don't have this book. In none of
their other texts ShoDashopachAra for Agni is specified. This includes
nakshatra homam, gR^ihapravesham etc. I repeat this is not standard
procedure for most smaarta aapastamba karmas.

I have had the opportunity to interact with many Karnataka priests and they
have not done this either.

Furthermore you can go back to the grantha texts published by
vaidikavardhini press from kumabakonam. This is what the Veda adhyayana
sabha has used mostly. No ShoDashopacAra pUjA *for agni*in any of those
paddhatis in general - only for the kalasha. Regarding the gaNapati homam,
there are two flavors, vaidika and taantrika. The vaidika homam as I know
of it does not have ShoDashopacAra for Agni.

Rama